Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm Cold!

Last night the temperature dropped so low that the house and deck snapped and popped all night. I don't think I slept a wink worrying where all those snaps and pops were coming from. Look at the ice on the windows! And this is after getting up twice in the middle of the night to keep the wood stove going! The windchill was reported at -42 Celsius and when I got up this morning the temperature read -33 Celsius.
Just look at the size of the beams in my house! I know my house won't fall down, but at 3am listening to them snap and pop is a bit alarming! It's just too cold to do anything but curl up on the couch in front of the fire and read. I don't even want to stick my nose outside the door.

The cats and birds don't seem to mind the cold though. I love this picture! Just look at the bird and cat tracks in the snow. Luckily I don't see any feathers in this mix, just bird seed.

3 comments:

Lorrie said...

Brrr! Staying close to the fire sounds like a great way to spend the day!

Lorrie

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Hello Bella McBride! I recognized your name from Fabric, Paper, Thread Blog. Besides thinking you have such a sweet sounding name I remember purchasing a pattern from you on etsy. I made your neck warmers for my daughters and nieces as Christmas gifts this year. I loved making them and they loved receiving them!

I just had to leave a comment and say hi.

Kindly, ldh

Anonymous said...

Oh it has been very cold here in the DC area too the past couple of days. I think just about the whole country is in a freeze. Stay warm!