Friday, January 30, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Just look at the size of the beams in my house! I know my house won't fall down, but at 3am listening to them snap and pop is a bit alarming! It's just too cold to do anything but curl up on the couch in front of the fire and read. I don't even want to stick my nose outside the door.
The cats and birds don't seem to mind the cold though. I love this picture! Just look at the bird and cat tracks in the snow. Luckily I don't see any feathers in this mix, just bird seed.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Here on the East Coast of Canada we are entering the "deep freeze" of winter. For about a month starting somewhere near the middle of January we have really, really cold weather. The kind of weather that hurts your lungs if you take a deep breath. Last night when I went to bed, the temperature in the bedroom was 18 Celsius and outside was -18 Celsius! That's close to 40 degrees difference. This is just the beginning, soon we will have temperatures somewhere in the -27 to - 35 degree range. Tomorrow in Northern New Brunswick they are calling for a windchill of -42 Celsius! BRRRR!
This little guy doesn't seem to mind the cold weather though! He was soaking up what little sun there was at my bird feeder!
Monday, January 12, 2009
1. I'm well and truly addicted to my home and native land, Canada! This is a little bear I made a few years ago from red wool and I embroidered a maple leaf on his chest.
2. We just got a new refrigerator and it has an ice maker in it, and, well, now I'm addicted to ice in my water!
3. Obviously I'm addicted to crocheting and creating new patterns. I have so many ideas floating around in my head that I just don't have time! Every time I think I'm caught up, another new set of ideas appear!
4. This is an easy one....PINK!!! I have always loved the colour pink. I had a pink bedroom when I was little and now I wear pink, have pink note books, a pink mouse, etc! It just makes me feel so good and it always makes me smile!
Thanks Bea! That was fun!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
I got to rearrange and put out some of my Christmas presents. These are a little set of conks (a hard, shelf like, spore-bearing structure wood-decaying fungi, found on stumps, logs, or trees) that my Mom drew on for me. Aren't they lovely?
Monday, January 5, 2009
Just look what I got for a Christmas present from my mother-in-law! An entire box full of yarn! I squealed with delight when I took the top of of the box and saw all these lovelies!
Then imagine my delight when I noticed there was another layer! Lots of Briggs and Little, some lovely soy yarn (I have a flapper hat planned for those), some pink variegated yarn, and some gorgeous roving! Oh the joy, the joy!
So today, bright and early I started working on a pattern that I started before the week of ...."bliss". I'm using this "denim heather mist" by Bernat to create a pattern for a matching neckwarmer and hat .... hopefully, but you never know where the crochet hook will take you!
Friday, January 2, 2009
2. Everybody knows that I LOVE pink and wear it to make myself feel better, well, on the other side of that coin is that I HATE purple! I've grown to like lavender, mauve's and such, but not purple!
8. I like to visit old cemeteries and take pictures of headstones. I then like to come home and look the names up in old newspapers and learn more about these people.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Looking back over the past year, I can't believe how much can change in such a short amount of time. Living in a very rural part of New Brunswick, Canada, I never thought that after only nine months of selling my crochet patterns on Etsy I would meet so many fantastic people from so many parts of the world! I've sold my patterns to most of the provinces in Canada and to all the states, except 4, of the United States of America. I've also, much to my excitement sold to England, Australia, Norway, Singapore, New Zealand, Israel, Mexico, Sweden, Spain, Ireland, Cyprus, Italy, Belgium, Paris and Switzerland! Imagine! I've never even visited half the provinces in my own country and I've met all these people from all over the world!
I also love the coincidences in sales trends. For example, I will often get two sales at the same time, and the buyers will share their first name. Within the last few days, however, I had two sales together. The first sale was from a woman from California who's first name was Summer. The second sale was from a woman in Oregon, who's name was Autumn! No kidding! And then last night, I received a sale from a woman who's last name was Winters! Amazing! It reminds me of the quote “Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.” (Max Ehrmann) Now I need a sale from somebody named Spring...or April would suffice!
So as the snow is swirling outside today, and I'm tucked away safely in my house, I'm thinking of all those people across the world that have touched my life in little tiny ways and huge significant ways, and I wish each and every one of them all the best in the New Year. Happy New Year!