Monday, June 29, 2009

Side Tracked!

I've been working diligently on my new store McBride House but I got a little distracted! We have two new additions to our home!

We were suppose to only get one kitten to keep Frosty company, but when we got to the place with the kittens I couldn't leave the poor little guy on the right there. He is definitely the runt of the litter and has an eye infection, but I fell in love with him right away.


And this little girl was suppose to be a boy! Again, we fell in love with her and couldn't leave her there! For the first time in all the years that I've picked out kittens I felt as if these two picked us. It was like they were waiting for us to come and take them home!


On the store front, I decided I needed new pictures. The previous ones were just too dark. This is the first of my "wheeled" animals I made and what started me down the path to making more wheeled animals.


You gotta have a bear on wheels! This bear took me weeks to finish! I just couldn't seem to get his body shape right. However, I'm very pleased with the way he turned out. He's what I call a great "chunk" of a bear.


This lion will be a hard one to let go, but as Maggie asked in my last postings comments "Have you bonded long enough with them to let them go??!!". Almost! Give me a few more days and I think I can let them go! Of course if nobody buys them it won't be a problem! I'm hoping to open the new store sometime this week...hopefully?

3 comments:

Cindy Gimbrone said...

The kittens are adorable! I can see why you couldn't leave the little guy with the eye infection.

The bear on wheels is perfection. Look forward to seeing more of your work in your new store. Good luck getting up and running as quickly as you'd like.

Cindy

Wildflowerhouse said...

Bella your little kitties are precious. Ofcourse they come in pairs. Your heart knew that all along. LOL I really love all your animals on wheels.Sharon

Maggie R said...

Bella, the kittens are soooooooo sweet..... Lucky you.... I would love to have one but DH is not the least bit excited about the idea....sigh!!
I made some cute cats and I have a couple sitting around.Now stop laughing..... It's better than nothing!!!! hee hee
((((hugs))))
xoox
Maggie