Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Should I, or Shouldn't I?

I've been thinking long and hard whether or not to open a new Etsy store to sell some of my felted creations. Should I integrate them in to my already existing store that has lots and lots of feedback? Or should I open a new store so that my patterns won't get overlooked by people tired of searching through too many pages? I've signed up on Etsy with a new shop name, McBride House, but I have yet to list any of my new creatures. I am aiming for an opening date of mid July... if I decide to open it!


These are some of the creatures I've been talking about. A menagerie of wheeled animals! If you don't already know, needle felting is a process that involves poking and prodding different colours of wool with a very (and I mean very) sharp needle until you reach the perfect shape.

These are my mushrooms... a blend of beige's, moss greens, and deep orange and reds. It's hard to tell in this picture, but they are just about life size.

This elephant took a lot of time to make. I couldn't find the right colour roving for him, so I meticulously separated Briggs and Little 100% yarn to get just the right look for him. I'm really pleased with the way he turned out! I LOVE elephants!

This set will be a hard one to sell. The reindeer was my first attempt at a realistic animal and the catalyst to keep me going on some of my other animals. I'm also very pleased with the Father Christmas, instead of the more usual Santa Claus. Stay tuned! I'll be adding more pictures as the opening date approaches...if I decide on my new store! LOL!

4 comments:

Wildflowerhouse said...

Bella these are fantastic. Such talent you have. I will be checking back. Sharon

Debbie said...

I think you should, keep your patterns separate, it's a good idea. I like the felted animals and also the name of your shop. Goos luck as you decide what to do....

The Feathered Nest said...

YES! These precious creations are wonderful Bella!!! I love that you're giving them their own store too, wonderful idea ~ I hope they sell like hotcakes!! xxoo, Dawn

Maggie R said...

Hi Bella.... Your plan to have a separate shop for these little creatures sounds good. Have you bonded long enough with them to let them go??!!
I have problems like that sometimes!!!
They are certainly delightful.. I love the elephant.. Looks like a lot of work. I did a goldfinch and it was fun..
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie