Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Close Encounters


Yesterday I say my first fawn of the spring! A doe cautiously brought her little speckled baby out into the open and I quickly grabbed my camera and zoomed in as close as I could get. You will have to click on the picture to enlarge it to see the baby, but trust me, it is there! I see the mom out again this morning but the fawn hasn't ventured out yet.


Then, right on my door step was this gorgeous little toad! Actually not so little for a toad, but little to me and Frosty, who insisted on checking him out! The toad, however, patently waited for me to take several picture of him and all his glory!

Then Mom sent me this picture of a baby sparrow who was taking a break from flying lessons in her bird bath. She took several pictures of him all the while trying to get closer and closer and finally she was able to walk right up to him! This in not a zoomed in picture, she actually got this close. Worried about the little bird being eaten by her two cats, she and my brother walked up to him and were in the middle of discussing what to do about him when off he fluttered back to his nest! I wonder what delights we will see today?

2 comments:

Wildflowerhouse said...

Precious photos Bella. Now that toad has real character.I think he thinks he is a star. Sharon

Maggie R said...

Hi Bella...
Isn't nature wonderful. Thanks for the pictures... I love the toad... He is in a class all by himself!! The Good The Bad and The Ugly!!! hee hee.
We saw a deer and her fawn when we were at retreat this week. My camera did not co-operate!!darn...
((((hugs))))
Maggie