Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thank you Mette!

The wonderful Mette from A Polar Bear's Tale awarded me a Sunshine award!  There are rules I'm suposse to follow, but I'm like Mette and won't follow all the rules!  I'm also too shy to follow most of the rules!  So instead I thought I would thank Mette for her wonderful blogging and for inspiring me on my newest creations!
You see Mette is a fellow needle felter and she made the most wonderful large Hookah-Smoking Caterpillar that inspired me to make some larger pieces!  So this is a sneak preview of two of my newest large scale pieces.  They are modeled after Rein Poortvliet's Gnomes and are actually quite close to life size... in that the gnomes are 15 cm tall!  Hopefully I'll get them listed by the weekend on McBrideHouse!  Thank you Mette!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Bella!!

I've been too busy with the spring examns so I haven't seen this wonderful post before now!! I can see I missed a lot: These gnomes are the most beautiful felt works! It must have been a h u g e project to finish..15 cm. tall..and two!!! I say! They are so amazing!

And thanks for all those kind words! And THANK YOU for beeing my inspiration...both when it comes to felting, setting goals for my life and how to cope with illness!!

Many, many hugs go your way...my friend!

Bella McBride said...

Thank you Mette! I thought I would just let you be surprised when you saw the post!

Yes, they were a big undertaking and it's only the gnomes themselves that are 15 cms! The entire pieces are even bigger than that AND there is a third piece that is an owl with a gnome ridding on his back!

I'm tickled to think I'm somebody else's inspiration! Thank you!

Take care,
Bella