Thursday, February 5, 2009

Something Different

Thank you so much to Nathalie Thompson from An Artist's Legacy for nominating me for a Beautiful Blog Award! I'm just thrilled to receive this award! However, looking through my blog, I do see that I talk an awful lot about the weather and a lot of my pictures are of winter scenes, so today I'm going to do something a little bit different. Being inspired by the old picture from the Beautiful Blog Award AND learning a new word today: meniscus, as in "I tore the meniscus in my knee and have been to the doctor and am now propping my knee up on a pillow with an ice pack on it", I am going to share some of my favourite old family photos!

The first picture to the left is my great-great-grandfather James. He looks like a true gentlemen, doesn't he?
The couple to the right are Amine and William. Again, great great grandparents, or something like that, I'm not sure without looking it up and the book is way across the room!
Finally is James. A hard working farmer and carpenter who's father (my 4x grandfather) was a United Empire Loyalist, fought in the battle of Quebec and was a son of a Huguenot refugee. Luckily James lived a calmer life and as previously stated worked as a farmer and carpenter and was said to have built his own home and several churches in the area.
There! Something a little different! Hopefully tomorrow I can get up and take some more pictures of the snow! LOL! Believe it or not but we did get another foot of snow yesterday, giving us just over 3 feet of snow, and of those 3 feet we got 24 inches in just over 48 hours! Yikes! See why I take a lot of pictures of snow?

1 comment:

Christine said...

How on earth did you tear your meniscus? That is no party at all. Been there, done that, have the three little scars to prove it.

I love the old photos. Genealogy is one of my hobbies and I love looking at old pics. Very proper looking ancestors indeed. Some of mine weren't so proper.

The snow will melt.....some day. In the meantime, you have all of that gorgeous scenery to enjoy.

Feel better!