Sunday, July 4, 2010

Rights of Summer....

The weather has been really beautiful lately, but the hot summer weather is fast approaching.  Meanwhile, we have been enjoying some Summer pleasures.  First of all, my niece has graduated from high school (how can this be!!?) and we were all out is full force taking pictures of her and her date... but who are we kidding?  We really were just taking pictures of her and her gorgeous dress!
Next, strawberries!  DH and I headed off to one of the local U-picks (there are at least 3 all within a 10 minute drive) to pick a winter's worth of these ruby delights!
We came home with 36 boxes all waiting to be stemmed and frozen.  We decided that it took longer to stem them then it did to pick them!  Only took us an hour to pick the 36 boxes and almost 2 hours to stem them!  Of course you have to remember I used to pick berries as a summer job for many, many years and my muscle memory came back very quickly!
Then off to the local golf course bright and early this morning to play a round of golf!  I didn't play all the holes, but it was nice to get out for some exercise!

Happy Summer everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, my dear...does she look pretty in that dress!! WoOoW!
36 boxes...that was a lot! And a lot of work :O) I haven't picked strawberries since I was young...silly really!
It was a wonderful post, Bella! A great summer to you, too!!

Bella McBride said...

She was simply divine if I may say so myself! The dress was the prettiest yellow and she just glowed!

Happy summer Mette!