Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Tale of One Kitty


This poor little guy was abandoned and left on his own for weeks and finally came to my front door crying one rainy day. That night after work I came home to see how he was and noticed his underside was still wet. When I examined him more closely I noticed a 2-3 inch gash on his underbelly and then, oh the horror, when I looked closer, the hole was full of maggots!!!! Small and big ones so I knew it had been like that for awhile. I called the emergency off hours vet and they said he wouldn't make it through the night if I didn't bring him in. So finally, after two days and two very expensive nights at the vets, I have a new baby hiding away in my bathroom! He is very scarred and shy, but he is coming out of it. Poor little guy! I've named him Wicket.

No comments: