Thursday, November 4, 2010

Needle Felted The Holly and the Ivy Father Christmas and Grandfather Frost

When Father Christmas wants to feel like one of the elves this is the outfit he puts on! He tells me that sometimes he just get tired of wearing that big bright red suit and wants to wear something that blends in more with the red and green outfits that the elves wear.
I don't have the heart to tell him that his cloak is way nicer than the elves and that he still stands out in a sea of elves! It just doesn't matter what he wears, he will always be the top dog.
I didn't know this, but in Russia their version of a gift giving figure is Ded Moroz, or Grandfather Frost. His home is in the far north of the country in Velikiy Ustyug and he distributes gifts at New Year instead of Christmas Eve.
He traditionally wears blue and white and walks with a magical staff and comes through the front door rather than the chimney. He also does not say "Ho, ho, ho" but instead 'zdravstvuite rebyatishki!' or 'hello kids'.  And if you are from Russia and are reading this, please forgive me if I have any of this information wrong!

Just two of the new Santas I have listed at McBride House.  Don't forget to take a look at all the new creations I've been making lately!

No comments: